Fresh Plum Bundt




"Friends are the fruitcake of life - some nutty, some soaked in alcohol, some sweet."
(~Jon Ronson)


Fruitcake, as we know back home, isn't one of my favourite cakes. But talk about the fruit cake, aka, 'rich plum cake,' the kind we make at Christmas - and my heart goes boom-boody-boom! I love it so much! Apart from that I discovered I like this fresh plum cake, which I had for the first time, thanks to Manu. It is a moist, lemony cake and has such a fresh taste. It was worth breaking my diet for a slice...and I was tempted to go for seconds and thirds and...but I didn't...sometimes I hate discipline! My daughter-in-law does all the baking, I've given up baking for a while. The recipe was from Martha Stewart. My DIL, just made a minor change by baking it into a bundt cake. 


It doesn't come out this color. This pic isn't really good!


Here's the recipe for this must-bake cake from Martha Stewart: http://www.marthastewart.com/336835/plum-cake

NOTE: You can use thick yogurt if you don't have sour cream.

Happy baking!



Comments